The main active component of Plaquenil is Hydroxychloroquine, which falls into the group of antimalarial medication. Hydroxychloroquine is a derivative of 4-aminoquinoline. It has the following functions:
Suppression of the immune system – hinders the organism’s immune response.
Specific and non-specific anti-inflammatory.
Plaquenil is included in the list of life-saving medications. Following oral ingestion, Hydroxychloroquine is absorbed into the gastrointestinal tract for about 15 minutes. Due to its high bioavailability (over 70%), it is rapidly distributed in the organs. Once in the liver, it turns into active metabolites and is slowly excreted by the kidneys. The half-life of the medication is 30-50 hours.
Plaquenil is available in the form of tablets covered with a white film. On one side of it, you can find an engraving “HCQ”, and on the other– “200”. One pill of Plaquenil contains 200 mg of the active substance called Hydroxychloroquine. The cost is based on the number of pills in the pack. The price with shipping is declared immediately prior to dispatch.
Indications and contraindications
Plaquenil must be prescribed by a skilled physician when diagnosing the following disorders.
Rheumatoid arthritis- a long-term condition that provokes pain, edema, and stiffness in the joints.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus- a chronic (long-term) disease that causes systemic inflammation, which affects multiple organs.
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA)- a chronic inflammatory disorder of the joints, which can last over a month, affecting kids under the age of 16.
- Malaria provoked by strains sensitive to chloroquine.
- Discoid lupus erythematosus- a chronic autoimmune disorder that affects the skin.
If you’re ready to purchase Plaquenil, please take into account the contraindications to the use of this medication:
- Increased sensitivity to hydroxychloroquine and the rest of 4-aminoquinoline derivatives.
- Lactose intolerance.
- Retinopathy – damage to the retina that can lead to visual impairment, and even its loss.
- Gestation. Clinical trials have demonstrated, Plaquenil crosses the placental barrier and, even in low doses, can cause severe intrauterine disorders of fetal development.
- Patients whose weight is 30 kg or less. As a rule, these are children aged 6-10.
Plaquenil should be used very carefully by the patients with the following diseases:
- Hematopoietic disorders (also in history).
- Different visual impairments, especially in combination with the medication that lead to negative ophthalmological reactions.
- Late cutaneous porphyria- the most common type of porphyritic disease.
- Epilepsy, psychosis, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, RTT, and MS.
- Psoriasis- a widespread skin condition.
- Serious gastrointestinal issues.
- Individual intolerance to quinine.
Potential adverse effects:
Before purchasing and starting to use Plaquenil, you must be aware of possible adverse effects. They are quite rare and affect only about 5% of patients taking this drug.
- Corneal edema/cloudy cornea.
- Decreased visual acuity.
- Damaged retina, followed by visual field defects.
- Skin disorders –rash, itching, discolored skin patches, and alopecia. Such symptoms disappear after therapy with Plaquenil.
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome – a rare and severe disorder of the skin and mucous membranes.
- Digestive diseases go away after decreasing the dose of the medication.
- Vertigo and muscle fatigue.
Methods of administration and dosage regimen
Plaquenil must be taken orally while eating. If you can eat at the usual time of drug intake, take it, and then drink a glass of milk immediately.
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis should take Plaquenil at a dose of approximately 500 mg per day. In the case of JA, the medication is prescribed in the dosage of 6 mg/kg of body weight. During the intensive therapy for lupus erythematosus, patients should take about 600-700 mg of the drug per day.
Kids aged 6 or more suffering from malaria should take Plaquenil in a weekly dose of 6.5 mg/kg of body weight. The dose for adult patients is 400 mg. It must be taken once a week, on the same day.
Features of use
Patients who are prescribed a long-term treatment course with Plaquenil must undergo the blood tests on a regular basis and periodically monitor the condition of tendon reflexes and skeletal muscles.
The medicine can cause vision impairment. Therefore, you should abstain from driving and managing sophisticated mechanisms throughout the therapy.
What is the cost of Plaquenil? Where can I purchase an original medication with quick delivery?
In our online drug store, any customer can purchase medicines for the therapy of malaria and rheumatoid arthritis. Press the button “Buy” right away, and we will send an order immediately. The shipping cost depends on the selected shipping company. Our benefits are:
- The possibility to purchase original Plaquenil from the comfort of your home.
- The best price in the area.
- Affordable shipping cost.
- No fakes or expired drugs.
Do you want to order Plaquenil now? Are you wondering what’s the final cost, including delivery? Contact us, and our experts will gladly answer any of your questions.